Termites can be a serious issue, so checking to see if there is a termite infestation in your home is a prudent use of time. Termite control is big business for a reason; it’s important! If Hudson Valley homeowners experience any sort of a termite problem, contacting a local termite company, Pestmaster® Services, can be the essential solution. Our termite and pest control technicians are specially trained to uncover and effectively treat termites.
What Do Termites In Albany Look Like?
Subterranean termites plague this region of the Empire State. Wood starts to tremble at the mere mention of this type of termites, as they have the capability of causing the most damage out of the entire species. This pest has three different classes:
- Reproductives: Just as it sounds, this group of termites is responsible for procreating. These termites are typically glossy, deep brown to black. The king, queen, and swarmers make up this class. Swarmers, also known as alates, have dull white wings; if homeowners see these, a termite problem is not far behind.
- Workers: These termites can be identified by ivory coloring; they help the colony by locating and chewing through wood. Tunnel system maintenance is also on the worker termites' to-do list.
- Soldiers: Notable features of these termites that protect that colony include large heads, long mandibles, and creamy white coloring.
How Do I Know If My Albany Home Has Termites?
The good news is that a termite infestation in your home can’t cause massive amounts of damage in just a few weeks. The bad news is that when termites move in and start doing what they do best, the damage can be catastrophic if left unchecked. Knowing what to look for may give Albany homeowners peace of mind:
- Hollow Wood: Checking in and around the home for softwood can let residents see if there is cause for concern. Tap wooden areas of the house to listen for hollow sounds and see if there is any darkening of the surrounding wood.
- Mud Tubes: These tunnels look like what their name suggests; they can be found on the exterior of the house. Termites construct these tubes to help them stay moist.
- Termite Remnants: Wings of swarmers may be found inside, especially near doorframes and windowsills. Termites’ waste that resembles sawdust may be observed near an active colony.
- Termites: If a termite (dead or alive) is seen onsite, there is a definite reason to investigate further. Wondering if an onsite pest is definitely a termite? A knowledgeable termite and pest control firm like Pestmaster® Services can answer any related questions.
What Does A Termite Infestation In Albany Look Like?
Anyone concerned with the threat of subterranean termites would do well to contact a reputable local termite company for a complete inspection. Once an infestation is discovered, the treatment plan can begin.
Noting that a termite infestation is best left up to the pros, but there are a few tell-tale signs. If mud tubes are found and appear fresh or moist, that could indicate an issue. If any trace of termites, their wings, or droppings are found, that could also raise a red flag.
How Does Pestmaster® Services Get Rid Of Termites In Albany?
The first step in complete termite control is calling in the true professionals at Pestmaster® Services. Our technicians offer a free inspection to assess the problem, then apply a customized treatment to eliminate the infestation and follow-up to keep the home free of termites. Our helpful team specializes in keeping homes pest-free.