Pest Management for Schools
Nontoxic pest control for your school, university or educational facility
A healthy learning environment starts with prevention. Prevention begins with inspections and an inventory of maintenance needs that will support a pest free environment without the need of pesticides. When pesticides are required, it should only be done through Pest Management With Environ-Mentality.
The California Healthy Schools Act requires schools to manage pests using the most effective, least toxic management practices. As IPM Expert for LAUSD, we train personnel and in-house IPM Coordinators to understand and identify true IPM practitioners who:
- Use monitors to identify insects and rodents
- Perform habitat modifications
- Complete exclusion methods
- Manage landscape needs to support the absence of pests
- Utilize biological controls
- Utilize plant-based materials
- Utilize exempt and reduced-risk pesticides per EPA regulations.
Additional resources can be found in the California School IPM Guidebook at the DPR's School IPM website. Solutions include:
- Excellent reference book for pests
- Includes weeds and landscape pests
- Sample contracts
- Help understanding what an in-house pest control person or contractor should be doing
- Help raising the bar of professional pest control.
Pestmaster® Services has more than 30 years experience providing pest control solutions to Federal and State governments, school districts, businesses and homes. For nearly 10 years, the company has shared this experience with the Department of Pesticide Regulation while serving as a trainer for the agency. This, in conjunction with a dedication to Integrated Pest Management methods and green pest control management technology, makes the company a great fit for the Los Angeles Unified School District's role of 'IPM Expert."